Two major cognitive development theories educators refer to today are Piaget’s four stages of cognitive development theory and Vygotsky’s sociocultural theory. Understanding these theories will help teachers to identify atypical or delayed cognitive development, as well as design research-based strategies to support and encourage normal development.
Complete the “Cognitive and Intellectual Development Activities and Reflection” template with the following:
- Short description (10-50 words) of each element of the theory.
- Description of an activity or instructional strategy (50-100 worda) that could be used to support and/or assess learning in that stage. Cognitive Development Theories Assignment Help
- Specific learning strategies related to the selected theory that can meet the needs of students who present atypical/delayed cognitive or intellectual development.
In addition, write a 250-500 word reflection on the theory you expect to use the most in the classroom and why. Describe instructional strategies to bring the selected theory into your future classroom using each of the following: Curriculum, instruction, assessment, and classroom management procedures. Provide one strategy per area listed.
Support your findings with 2-4 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Cognitive Development Theories Assignment Help
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced
- Use one-inch margins on all sides
- All paragraphs in the body are indented
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath
- Use 12-point font throughout
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner
- The manual recommends using one space after most punctuation marks
- A shortened version of the title (“running head”) should be placed in the upper left hand corner
For Cognitive Development Theories Assignment Help please click here