Nutrition Skills Module To encourage critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration through the use of evidence-based practice studies.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes. CO 1: Examine the sources of knowledge that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8) CO 3: Identify ethical issues common to research involving human subjects. (PO 6)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 and 8)
CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 and 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 150 points Nutrition Skills Module
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
- Computer with internet
- Recommendusing Firefox browser and clearing your cookies and cache if you are accessing ATI on laptop or desktop computer.
- Loginto ATI, “My ATI”, and select the “Apply” Click on Skills Module 3.0 and title “Nutrition.” Click on
the “Begin Lesson” tab. Open the “Evidence-Based Research” tab on the left side.
- There is one (1) study under the Evidence-Based Practice tab. You may review the entire module, but this is not a priority for this assignment. Other main topics and accompanying studies are listed in the table
- Choose one of the main topics from the table and then choose one (1) article for review under that main topic.
Read the article chosen and answer one (1) of the topic questions listed below.
- What methods can be used to assessnutritional status?
- What methods can be used to identify thoseat risk for malnutrition?
- What specific health conditions increase the risk ofmalnutrition?
- What associations exist betweennutritional status and health outcomes?
- What type of interventions improve adherenceto recommendations on nutritional intake?
Create a 2-3 page summary which supports the topic question. Provide a current research article (less than 5 years). The 2-3 page limit does not include title and reference pages.
For Nutrition Skills Practices Help please click here