Evaluating Strategic Plans Assignment
Question 1 – Evaluating Strategic Plans – Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- In strategic planning, what components would you consider necessary for creating a strategic plan?
- Using your chosen company for this course, explain what components they use and whether they do a good job of communicating their plan to their workforce.
Let’s start by taking a look at a real-world, real-organization’s strategic plan: STRATEGIC PLAN (linked) for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
On that page, click on “Access the Strategic Plan.” Certainly don’t read the entire document (now); it’s 230 pages.
But, notice the contents. It lists key components that mirror (or come close) to many of the ones we have been studying : Evaluating Strategic Plans Assignment Help
- Core Values
- Stakeholder Consultation (Communication)
- Click on the “Strategic Planning Process” and note those main components in a chart format
- Below that chart is “Environmental Scan” which is the same as a SWOT.
- Gap analysis forms the basis for Contingency Planning Evaluating Strategic Plans Assignment Help
Note: The historical photograph on page 1 of the plan document (page 6 of the PDF) from 1862 is interesting to look at if you have never seen it before of Abraham Lincoln meeting with soldiers. That page also includes the VA’s mission statement.
Question 2 – Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Keeping in mind the aspects of planning, leading, organizing, and controlling, explain how you would evaluate the effectiveness of a strategic plan.
- What do you think is the most important piece of information to consider when determining effectiveness? Why?
Evaluating Strategic Plans Assignment Help
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced
- Use one-inch margins on all sides
- All paragraphs in the body are indented
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath
- Use 12-point font throughout
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner
- The manual recommends using one space after most punctuation marks
- A shortened version of the title (“running head”) should be placed in the upper left hand corner
For Evaluating Strategic Plans Assignment Help please click here