Culture Identity Assignment
Students will write a 4 – 5-page paper (not including cover page and reference page) describing your own cultural identity and how it will impact your practice as a social worker.
In this description include:
- your personal experiences with race, gender, immigration, culture, religion, education, socio-economic status, family, sexuality, health care, community, and relationships; discuss how you experience your cultural identities in relationship to others and within society (3 points) Culture Identity Assignment Help
- the areas in which you have experienced privilege; discuss power lines (3 points)
- your experiences with intersectionality (critical race theory); discuss meta-and epistemic cognitions (3 points)
- discuss your family of origin’s history, values, norms, attitudes and beliefs, and the significance of economic, social, and political factors on those values, norms, and beliefs. (3 points)
- highlight the similarities and differences between your family of origin’s perspective and your own perspective; (3 points) Culture Identity Assignment Help
- discuss how your cultural identity will impact your work as a social worker including a discussion on your own cultural biases, limitations, and experiences in value differences and conflict as it pertains to social work practice. (5 points)
- All information must be included. Sufficient information provided to support all elements of the topic. Clear and appropriate organization, with effective transitions, introduction, and conclusion. Consistent and appropriate writing style, there are no grammatical errors, there are no spelling errors. Appropriate punctuation used. References used appropriately in paper, no errors in references, correct use of APA style references. (5 points)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME (THIS PART IS JUST TO GUIDE YOU): my name is Janina Lopez. I am 26 years old, and I’m from Colombia. I came to the United States 12 years ago with my parents looking for a better future. I live in Miami Florida, and I am majoring in social work.
I am a Hispanic woman; my religion is Catholic due to the beliefs of my parents, and I respect that and the religion of each person. my sexuality is heterosexual. I am a bit introverted; I like to read a lot and my state of health is very healthy and I have medical insurance. In Colombia, we lived in the middle class, but we lived very well. My parents and I had the opportunity to come to the United States. At first, it was very difficult for me to learn English since it was a new language for me since I suffered from bullying in middle school for that reason, but in the end, I was able to learn to speak and write English, which I am proud of. Culture Identity Assignment Help I like the way my parents think because they taught me that studying is very important and having a career to get ahead is not only getting married and being a housewife and having children but not depending on anyone and putting myself first and thinking about every step, I take to become the person I want to be. My family and I value things very much and we always say that things are obtained by fighting and working honestly. My family and I believe in democracy, and we do not agree with the injustices since we come from a country where many injustices are seen, and human rights are violated. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to be a social worker to respect human rights and raise my voice for those people who cannot.
For Culture Identity Assignment Help please click here