Troon Golf Case Study Assignment
It is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, is one of the world’s leading luxury-brand golf management and marketing firm with 197 golf courses worldwide in its portfolio. When it saw its IT expenses spiraling out of control, Cary Westmark, its vice president for technology decided to introduce the concept of total cost of ownership. Like most companies, managers had viewed hardware as one-time expense and had failed to
recognize the hidden cost of operating and maintaining the hardware. Often support costs
increased over the projected life of IT, contributing to unexpected rise in IT expenses. For
better planning of IT costs and to develop a funding mechanism for IT projects throughout Troon Golf Case Study Assignment Help their planned lives, managers created a strategic replacement program. Under the program, managers calculated total cost by including cost of technical support, user productivity loss, downtime loss, and any associated data quality loss. This allowed Troon management to refresh its aging hardware at the optimal cost level. As a result, its support costs
reduced from $800 per month to $300, saving roughly over $50,000.
1. Why does the TCO approach allow Troon management to refresh its hardware at the optimal cost level?
2. Why, in your opinion, were IT expenses spiraling out of control before the TCO system? What are examples of the hidden costs of operating and maintaining the hardware?
3. If you were the head of marketing for Troon, what benefit would you receive from
Mr. Westmark’s decision to implement TCO?
Source: Adapted from “Slicing Through IT Costs,” Baseline Magazine (March 31, 2008)
Troon Golf Case Study Assignment Help APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
For Troon Golf Case Study Assignment Help please click here