The help desk is part of the group assigned to Doug Smith, the manager of office automation. The help desk has produced very low quality work for the past several months. Smith has access to the passwords for each of the help desk members’ computer accounts. He instructs the help desk supervisor to go into each hard drive after hours and obtain a sample document to check for quality control for each pool member Ethical Decision Making Assignment Help
- If you were the supervisor, what would you do?
- What, if any, ethical propositions have been violated by this situation?
- If poor quality was found, could the information be used for disciplinary purposes? For
- Apply PAPA to this situation.
Ethical Decision Making Assignment Help
Kate Essex is the supervisor of the customer service representative group for Enovelty.com, a manufacturer of novelty items. This group spends its workday answering calls, and sometimes placing calls, to customers to assist in solving a variety of issues about orders previously placed with the company. The company has a rule that personal phone calls are only allowed during breaks.
Essex is assigned to monitor each representative on the phone for 15 minutes a day, as part of her regular job tasks. The representatives are aware that Essex will be monitoring them, and customers are immediately informed when they begin their calls. Essex begins to monitor James Olsen, and finds that he is on a personal call regarding his sick child. Olsen is not on break.
- What should Essex do?
- What, if any, ethical principles help guide decision making in this situation?
- What management practices should be in place to ensure proper behavior without violating individual “rights”?
- Apply the normative theories of business ethics to this situation.
For Ethical Decision Making Assignment Help please click here