Critical Annotated Bibliography of Five Sources
Summary of assignment
· Task: In this assignment you will write a list of at least 5 sources in alphabetical order in
APA format. In addition, each reference will be followed by a short analytical summary
of 150-200 words. At the end of the short summary, you will include a sentence or two
that critically analyzes the source and that mentions distinctive features about the article
and why it may or may not be useful for you in pursuing more research.
● Length: Each annotation should be 150-200 words.
● Format: APA
● Sources: Five sources, all of which you fill find through UMGC’s OneSearch
o All of your articles should be from scholarly journals or credible trade journals.
They should not be from popular journals.
Strategies in Selecting a Topic for your Annotated Bibliography
You may select a topic of your choice. However, when selecting a topic, keep in mind
that it should be a topic on which a number of studies or scholarly articles have been
Examples of topics students have chosen in the past or that would be workable for this
assignment are the following:
● The impact of the Internet on research methods of students and plagiarism in student
● The impact of The No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act on primary school education.
● The impact of mobile devices on cybersecurity
Overall, in considering a topic, you might consider your major, topics that will be covered in
future classes you plan to take at UMGC, and your interests.
For example, please examine the following ideas:
· If your major is criminal justice, you might consider researching the different types of CSI
effects that have been explored in the literature or researching what studies have noted about body cameras for law enforcement officials.
· If your major is psychology, you might consider researching counseling strategies, consumer behavior in online shopping, decision-making in upper-management positions, etc.
· If your major is history, you might consider researching theories on the Civil War, studies on labor patterns in the United States, an aspect of military history, etc.· If your major is social science, you might consider researching community responses to health
care threats,co-parenting patterns after divorce, etc.
· If your major is cybersecurity, you might consider researching different studies that analyze the training of employees on cyber issues or researching the Agile and Waterfall methods of project development.
Whatever topic you consider, keep in mind that it should be a topic on which a
number of studies or scholarly articles have been published. You will conduct
all or most of your research using UMGC’s OneSearch function in finding
scholarly articles or articles from credible trade journals.
This assignment will be an analytical/critical/ annotated bibliography. The difference
between the descriptive/informative annotated bibliography and the analytical/critical
annotated bibliography is explained in the following video:
The transcript is at:
Moreover, the following website from UMGC’s Information and Library Services
provides more information on how to complete this assignment
Submitting the assignment:
You will submit a first draft of the essay to the assignment folder. The first draft will not be
graded. The instructor will provide comments to it.
After receiving comments from the instructor, you will submit a revised draft. The final draftwill be graded.
Helpful Resources and Websites
The following are some links to sample Annotated Bibliographies. Some of them give examples
in APA format. You may want to observe these examples and perhaps model your work after
· A variety of samples from The University of North Carolina Writing Center, including
these specific examples of APA-style annotations. You can find that at the following page:
https://writingcenter.unc.edu/tips-and-tools/citing-sources/· Some instruction from Cornell University. The website also provides more information
on the process of writing an annotated bibliography. You can find that at the following page:
· Some instruction from East Carolina University. You can find it at the following page:
For Critical Annotated Bibliography Assignment Help please click here