Lithosphere Cycle Assignment Directions
Please answer all of the questions to the best of your ability. Use the textbook, lecture slides, and the internet as your reference guide.
Part 1: Vocabulary
Use once or two sentences to define the following term. You can use your textbook or the internet as a source.
Sedimentary Rock =
Metamorphic Rock =
Igneous Rock =
Convergent Margin =
Divergent Margin =
Transform Margin =
Lithosphere Cycle Assignment Part 2: General Questions
- What properties must a substance have to be considered a mineral?
- Draw a diagram of the structure of the Earth. Be sure to include the inner core, outer core, mantle, asthenosphere, and crust.
- Describe the Rock Cycle. A diagram can be used in addition to your description. Be sure to include the 3 major types of rocks.
- What is the driving force behind the Earth’s plates moving? Draw a diagram of this process including the asthenosphere, crustal plates, and convective cells.
- Draw a diagram of the three types of convergent boundaries (ocean-ocean, ocean-continent, continent-continent). Be sure to include the landscape feature(s) associated with each (i.e. mountains, volcanoes, trenches, island arc chains). Also provide a real world example of where each occurs. Lithosphere Cycle Assignment
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
For Lithosphere Cycle Assignment Help please click here