Health Disparities Project Instruction
This final project assignment is associated with the NCF (non-completion failure) grade. Failure to complete this assignment will result in the issuance of a grade of NCF if the course average would result in a failing grade in the course. Students should contact their Academic Counselor or Program Director if they have any questions regarding the NCF grade and its implications.
Refer the following lecture:
- Steps to Reduce Health Disparities
- Identifying Health Disparities
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research and read about a specific health disparity of interest to you. This can be based on gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.
Based on your research and data gathered, create a report in a 8 to 10 page paper that addresses the following: Health Disparities Project
- What is the background of the disparity chosen?
- Who does this disparity impact?
- What are the determinants of this disparity?
- What is the impact of this disparity?
- Is there an intersection of multiple concerns related to race/ethnicity, gender, and sexuality related to this issue?
- How and where would one seek to intervene to address this disparity in the context of the social ecological model?
- How does this disparity affect the health of the population on a larger scale?
- How does your race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or SES impact your ability to work within the community affected by this disparity?
- Submission Details: Health Disparities Project
- Submit your document SU_PHE4120_W5_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
For Health Disparities Project Help please click here