Comparative Criminal Justice Assignment Instruction
Select one discussion question from each of the denoted chapters below and post your response addressing the two questions in one posting response (be sure to identify the questions you selected in your response).
Chapter 1- Overview – Select One Discussion Question Below:
1. How do international and transnational crime differ?
2. Why should we study comparative criminal justice?
3. Using newspapers, magazines, or the Internet, find one example of how a country has borrowed an idea or way of doing criminal justice.
4. What are some of the underlying values that are present in the U.S. criminal justice system?
5. What are the advantages of using a historical-political approach to the study of comparative justice systems?
Chapter 2- Measuring and Comparing Crime in and Across Nations-Select One Discussion Question Below:
1. Which international crime data do you believe provide the most helpful information? Explain.
2. To what extent can we rely on crime data from other nations? How can we evaluate such data?
3. What factors might contribute to the very low crime rates in Japan? To the relatively higher rates in the United States?
4. Study the tables in the chapter that provide crime data for selected countries and find some with high or low crime rates. Why might there be such a disparity between certain countries? Comparative Criminal Justice Assignment
APA Paper Formatting Basics Comparative Criminal Justice
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
For Comparative Criminal Justice Assignment please click here