Research Paper Political Science : Research Paper and Posting – List of potential research topics
To complete the Research Paper, please select a topic from the list provided below or from the chapter readings.
- General systems theory
- Stakeholder theory of the firm
- Issue management process
- Stakeholder materiality
- Performance-expectation gap
- B corporation
- Social ventures
- Corporate citizenship
- Foreign direct investments (FDIs)
- International financial and trade institutions (IFTIs)
- Nongovernmental organizations (NGOs)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- U.S. Corporate Sentencing Guidelines
- Utilitarian reasoning
- U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Employee ethics training
- Ethics and compliance officer (ECO)
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Negative externalities
- Market failures
- Super PACs
- The Business Roundtable
- Dark money
- Convention on Climate Change
- Industrial ecology
- Paris Agreement
- Chief sustainability officer (CSO)
- Superfund (CERCLA)
- Ecologically sustainable organization (ESO)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Right to be forgotten
- Shareholder resolutions
- Insider trading
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Behavioral advertising
- Strict liability
- Employee assistance programs (EAPs)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administrations (OSHA)
- Living wage
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Workforce diversity
- Occupational segregation
- Supply chain audit
- Integrated supplier scorecard
- Community relations manager
- Skills-based volunteerism
- License to operate
- Crisis management
- User-generated content
- Corporate identity
Research Paper: This is a graduate course and students will be expected to research and write papers summarizing in their own words what they have found on current topics from the weekly readings. Research is a theoretical review of relevant literature and application of findings in the literature to a topic related to a specific industry, field, or business problem.
The research must be conducted using peer-reviewed trade or academic journals. While Blogs, Wikipedia, encyclopedias, course textbooks, popular magazines, newspaper articles, online websites, etc. are helpful for providing background information, these resources are NOT suitable resources for this research assignment.
Please Note: The UC Library staff are very helpful with assisting students in using the UC Online Library journal database. Please contact them if you have issues. In addition, the instructor has provided additional resources, including a research tutorial, in the “Course Resources” folder in the “Content” area of the course.
- Choose a research topic from the chapter readings or from the list provided by your professor.
- Research/find a minimum at least ten (10), preferably twelve (12) or more, different peer- reviewed articles on your topic from the University of the Cumberlands Library online business database. The article(s) must be relevant and from a peer-reviewed source. While you may use relevant articles from any time frame, current/published within the last five (5) years are preferred. Using literature that is irrelevant or unrelated to the chosen topic will result in a point reduction.
- Write a five (5) to ten (10) page double spaced paper in APA format discussing the findings on your specific topic in your own words. Note – paper length does not include cover page, abstract, or references page(s).
- Structure your paper as follows:
a. Cover page for Research Paper Political Science
- Overview describing the importance of the research topic to current business and professional practice in your own words.
- Purpose of Research should reflect the potential benefit of the topic to the current business and professional practice and the larger body of research.
- Review of the Literature summarized in your own words and essay help. Note that this should not be a “copy and paste” of literature content, nor should this section be substantially filled with direct quotes from the article. A literature review is a summary of the major points and findings of each of the selected articles (with appropriate citations). Direct quotations should be used sparingly. Normally, this will be the largest section of your paper (this is not a requirement; just a general observation).
- Practical Application of the literature. Describe how your findings from the relevant research literature can shape, inform, and improve current business and professional practice related to your chosen topic.
- Conclusion in your own words
- References formatted according to APA style requirements
- Content Knowledge & Structure: All of the requested components are completed as assigned; content is on topic and related to managerial Ethics and Social Responsibility, critical thinking is clearly demonstrated (few, if any, direct quotations from the source in the paper); scholarly research is demonstrated; topics and concepts gained from the assigned reading and/or from research is evident.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrates substantial critical thinking about topics and solid interpretation of materials and reflection.
- Clarity & Effective Communication: Communication is clear, concise, and well presented; scholarly writing is demonstrated; grammar, sentence structure, writing in third person, and word choice is used correctly.
- Integration of Knowledge & Articles: Articles used are current and relevant (preferably published within last five (5) years and MUST be from peer-reviewed journal article publications. At least four (4) peer-reviewed journal articles are examined and analyzed in the paper.
- Presentation & Writing Mechanics: Cover page, headings, in-text citations, page citations (page number citations required for specific information such as dates, years, list of items from article, names, numbers, statistics, and other specific information), and references are properly formatted.
Please Note: Plagiarism will not be tolerated. The paper must be written in your own words.
For Research Paper Political Science Help please click here