Organizational Transformation Assignment
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the assigned chapters throughout class as well as the resources below.
- Transformational Leadership in Healthcare Organizations (Links to an external site.)
- Transformational Leadership and Horizontal Trust as Antecedents of Team Performance in the Healthcare Context (Links to an external site.)
- The Relationship Between Leadership Style, Organizational Culture, and Job Satisfaction in the U.S. Healthcare Industry Download The Relationship Between Leadership Style, Organizational Culture, and Job Satisfaction in the U.S. Healthcare Industry
- People or Trust in Building Commitment to Change? Download People or Trust in Building Commitment to Change?
- Health Professional Cultural Competence Reduces the Psychological and Behavioral Impact of Negative Healthcare Encounters Download Health Professional Cultural Competence Reduces the Psychological and Behavioral Impact of Negative Healthcare Encounters
- An Academic–Community Partnership to Improve Health Care Workforce Diversity in Greater Cincinnati: Lessons Learned Download An Academic–Community Partnership to Improve Health Care Workforce Diversity in Greater Cincinnati: Lessons Learned
- Healthcare Leadership’s Diversity Paradox (Links to an external site.)
- The Value of a Good Reputation (Links to an external site.)
Please visit the Avoiding Bias (Links to an external site.) page in the Writing Center to ensure you are using unbiased language in your assignment.
For this assignment, you will create a presentation that details an organizational transformation. The Organizational Transformation presentation allows you to demonstrate your understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, your own research, and the application of new knowledge gained throughout the course. The assignment focuses on leadership roles, strategic planning, motivational strategies, the role of human resources, and the importance of cultural competency, strategic alliances, and community reputation as it relates to the health care organization.
For this assignment, you will prepare a 15- to 20-slide PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker’s notes of 100 to 150 words for each slide, not including the title and reference slides. Please see the HCA340 PowerPoint Instructions Download HCA340 PowerPoint Instructionsdocument for expanded information on expected detail in your presentation. The presentation will be created from the perspective of an upper-level administrator of one of the following types of health care organizations:
- Physician’s group
- Long term care facility
- Community health system
- Rural hospital
- Home health organization
Over the past year, the organization has received numerous negative reviews from patients and clients using the services at your chosen organization. Overall, the organization’s reputation in the community has suffered due to
- poor quality of service,
- lack of empathy of the care providers and administrative staff including biases in care,
- difficulties in obtaining an open appointment or a bed space in the long-term care unit,
- poor patient or client care management in terms of effective treatment, and
- poor health outcomes for patients and clients who have received care from the organization.
Further, the employees are also struggling with burnout due to a heavy workload and poor management methods.
In the presentation, you must identify the key issues that are causing the negative survey results and then address the sequence of steps needed to create the organizational change necessary for improving the customer experience.
In your PowerPoint Presentation, address the following:
Leadership and management
- Analyze the role of leadership that contributes to the organizational culture. For example, upper leadership knows problems exist, but do nothing to stop the behavior.
- Discuss the semi-controllable and non-controllable forces that influenced the performance issues identified in the surveys.
- Create three new strategic goals for the organization.
- Explain the projected outcomes for each goal.
- Discuss three methods of motivating the employees to adopt the new strategies and overcome the resistance to the recommended changes.
- Explain your reasons for choosing the methods identified.
Human resources management
- Create a new job description to oversee the plan.
- Define the qualifications and traits this person will need to fulfill the duties.
- Discuss the pros and cons of hiring from within the organization versus hiring externally.
- Discuss the role bias in care has on the survey results.
- Explain the value of having a culturally diverse staff.
- Discuss the communication barriers that may exist in a culturally diverse staff.
- Examine at least two methods to overcome those barriers.
- Identify two other types of organizations with which your health care organization can partner to address the issues identified in the surveys.
- Discuss the services offered and how those services will support the needed changes within your organization.
- Analyze how the changes will impact the organization’s reputation in the community.
The Organizational Transformation assignment
- Must be 15 to 20 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation in bold font
- Space should be between title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of presentation in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least seven credible sources, one of which may be the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.)tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
For Organizational Transformation Assignment please click here