Antibiotic Lab Report Instructions
A. Write a lab report about the Antibiotic Sensitivity−Kirby-Bauer Diffusion Test experiment in which you do the following:
1. Explain why selective toxicity is an important feature of antibiotics.
a. Discuss the relative benefits of broad-spectrum and narrow-spectrum antibiotics.
Note: The explanation from part A1 and discussion from part A1a belong in the introduction section of the lab Report
2. Describe the steps you followed to complete the Kirby-Bauer diffusion test.
Note: Include any changes from the normal protocol that might have been incorporated into your experiment.
Note: The description from part A2 belongs in the materials and methods section of the lab report.
3. Record the observed results of the Kirby-Bauer diffusion test, including the zone of inhibition measurement and interpretation (e.g., resistant, intermediate, susceptible) for each antibiotic using the attached “Data Table.” Antibiotic Lab Report
Note: The explanation from part A3 belongs in the results section of the lab report.
4. Based on your recorded results from the Kirby-Bauer diffusion test, explain whether each of the following antibiotics would be a reasonable choice for treating S. epidermidis:
Note: The explanation from part A4 belongs in the discussion section of the lab Report
Antibiotic Lab website https://web5.wgu.edu/aap/content/antibiotic_sensitivity-kirby_bauer–diffusion_test.pdf
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
For Antibiotic Lab Report Help please click here