Discussion Psychology Assignment: Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 5 of your course text and visit the PubMed Central (Links to an external site.) web page. You may also consider reviewing the PubMed Central Quick Start Guide (Links to an external site.) and PubMed Tutorials (Links to an external site.) to help you navigate the resource more effectively.
This week we will look at how we have gotten to know what we do about the brain. Chapter 5 in your textbook discusses a number of research techniques used to study the brain. For this week’s discussion, choose one of these techniques and visit the PubMed Central (Links to an external site.) web page to find an original research article where this technique was used.
In your Discussion Psychology initial post,
- Describe the technique you selected and why you find it especially compelling as a research method.
- Explain to your peers how the study from the article you choose from the PubMed Central (Links to an external site.) web page illustrates the value of the method you have chosen.
Discussion Psychology Assignment Part 2
Chasing the Scream referred to research that found the majority of “drug-related violence” is related to trying to control the drug trade rather than crimes committed by those under the influence. It later states that when a large number of drug dealers are arrested, drug dealing does not decrease and violence, such as homicide, increases. (Hari, 2015, p. 80)
- 1. What did you believe was meant by “drug-related violence” before reading this?
- 2. Do you think the information from the reading, if it were better known, would change some stereotypes about people who misuse substances? Discussion Psychology
- Initial posts should be 250 words in length
- Using APA format, please cite and reference the text and include at least one peer-reviewed article to support your post
For Discussion Psychology Assignment Help please click here