In this Advanced Excel Assignment, you have been tasked with generating a loan approval workbook that will determine if an applicant is eligible for a personal loan and if so, what the loan rate should be based on a set of pre-defined criteria. The bank manager has created the basic layout of the application she wants to use but has asked you to provide the
formulas that will drive the initial quote.
You need to provide a rate for each customer based on their credit score. Any user who
has a score less than 600 should be denied.
1. Open case_study1_data and save as case_study1_LastFirst (use your own
Last and First name).
IF Function – Use the IF Function to figure out if an applicant is eligible for a personal
loan. Please review this tutorial: Excel IF Functions For Beginners for help.
2. Display the Approval Form worksheet and create an IF statement in cell I3 to
determine if the applicant is eligible for a personal loan. Use the criteria below as
part of your logic statement:
Credit Score < 600 = “Denied”
Credit Score >= 600 = “Approved
3. Copy using the Fill Handle the IF statement in cell I3 to into the Range I4:I10.
VLOOKUP Function – Use the VLOOKUP Function to determine the rate of for those
customers that were approved based on their credit scores. Please review this tutorial:
VLOOKUP Functions for Beginners for help.
4. Create a VLOOKUP function in cell J3 that uses the Credit Score in cell F3 to
generate a rate based on the array in cells N4:O10. NOTE – Make sure to use
the correct cell referencing. Advanced Excel
5. Copy using the Fill Handle the VLOOKUP statement in cell J3 to into the Range
6. Delete out any Rate value for those customers that were denied.
PMT Function – Use the PMT Function to calculate the payment. Remember that the
Yearly Periodic Rate is the Rate divided by the number of Months. Please review this
tutorial: Excel PMT() Function Basics for help.
You will calculate the payment quote for each customer.
7. Calculate the periodic rate of the loan in cell K3. Advanced Excel
8. Copy using the Fill Handle the Periodic Rate in cell K3 to into the Range
9. Delete out any Rate value for those customers that were denied.
10. Use the PMT Function in cell L3 to calculate the payment. Make sure to return a
11. Copy using the Fill Handle the Payment in cell L3 to into the Range L4:L10.
12. Delete out any Rate value for those customers that were denied.
Determine Maturity Dates:
You will create a working list of all existing accounts that provides the number of days
remaining on their loan and an overall look at all the accounts maturity dates.
13. Display the Existing Accounts worksheet and calculate the number of days
remaining for each existing account based on today’s date. You will need to use
the Today() Function in your calculations.
14. Calculate the maximum number of Days Remaining for all existing accounts in
15. Calculate the minimum number of Days Remaining for all existing accounts in
16. Calculate the average number of Days Remaining for all existing accounts in cell
17. Save and close the file.
Submit the completed case_study1_LastFirst Excel file.
Be sure to read the criteria below by which your work will be evaluated before
you write and again after you write.
For Advanced Excel Assignment Help please click here