“Stem cells are undifferentiated, primitive cells with the ability both to multiply and to differentiate into specific kinds of cells. Stem cells hold the promise of allowing researchers to grow specialized cells or tissue, which could be used to treat injuries or disease (e.g., spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, strokes, burns).” (Slevin, 2010)
Choose ONE of the following issues and post to its thread with supporting evidence. Respond to two peers who wrote about issues other than the one you chose.
- Discuss what you feel are the potential benefits of stem cells research for Alzheimer’s patients and their families.
- Share your perspective on the stem cell debate regarding the donation of surplus embryos to couples for “embryo adoption.” Which of the 6 acceptable ethical theories would you use to support your stance?
- Why is the task of disposing of unused frozen human embryos different from disposing of other medical tissue?
- Discuss why you think embryonic stem cell research “crosses a moral boundary.” Use all of the 6 acceptable ethical theories to show how this may cross that boundary.
Your submission must include:
- A title page with Stem Cells
- The body of the paper, which includes 5 content pages of a professionally written text
- At least three references from textbooks, websites, and articles that provide adequate justification and support your claim
- Subheadings (technical aspects, public policy, and personal opinion/conclusion)
- Appropriate in-text citations throughout the paper
- A reference list with only the sources used in the body of the paper (All sources should be less than five years old unless recent research is not available, and at least one reference must be a peer-reviewed article from a professional journal. Do not use Wikipedia or an encyclopedia as they are not considered reliable academic sources and will not be accepted.)
- APA style formatting throughout your paper
For Stem cells Nursing Assignment Help please click here