1Case Study HR Management
Case Study 1 What seems to be the biggest concern for everyone at Waterman Publishing after hearing about being acquired? Is this a legitimate concern?
Case Study 2 How would you feel about Teddy K’s speech and this acquisition if you worked at Waterman Publishing?
Case Study 3 Does it appear that Globecom and Waterman Publishing have similar cultures?
Click here to watch clips from “In Good Company” (Links to an external site.)
- Dennis Quaid (Links to an external site.)-Dan Foreman
- Topher Grace (Links to an external site.)-Carter Duryea
- Clark Gregg (Links to an external site.)-Mark Steckle
- Malcolm McDowell (Links to an external site.)-Teddy K
Plot Case Study:
Dan Foreman (Dennis Quaid (Links to an external site.)) is a 51-year-old advertising executive and head of sales for Sports America, a major sports magazine. Dan faces a life-changing event when his magazine is bought out by Globecom, an international corporation that promotes the corporate concept of “synergy”. After he is forced to fire several of his longtime colleagues, Dan is demoted and becomes the “wingman” of his new boss, Carter Duryea (Topher Grace (Links to an external site.)), a 26-year-old business school prodigy. While Dan develops clients through handshake deals and relationships, Carter champions the corporate creed of synergy, cross-promoting the magazine with the cell phone division and “Krispity Krunch”, a snack food also owned by Globecom. Case Study
Following another corporate shakeup, Sports America is sold off, Carter is let go, and Dan returns to his former position as head of sales.
Scenes in this clip:
- Globecom acquires Waterman Publishing
- Dan finds out about his demotion
- Teddy K gives a speech
- Globecom sells Waterman Publishing
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
For Case Study HR Management Help please click here