In this assignment, you are asked to prepare reading notes for six readings that you select from a list of eleven readings.
As you do this part of the assignment, review the reading notes instructions in Unit 1. The examples of citation style in this Assignments document will help you with your citations. Each reading note should be about 200 to 250 words in length, excluding the words in the citation. Do not write more, since the major goal of the reading note is to compress an author’s argument and analysis into their main components. This assignment is included to ensure that you have mastered the art of preparing reading notes and will be writing useful ones for yourself during the rest of the course—and, even, for the rest of your life!
Please choose six readings from the following list of eleven reading notes:
- Ayukawa, Midge. “Good Wives and Wise Mothers: Japanese Picture Brides in Early Twentieth-Century British Columbia.”
- Barman, Jean. “Aboriginal Women on the Streets of Victoria: Rethinking Transgressive Sexuality during the Colonial Encounter.”
- Belshaw, John Douglas. “Conflicts in the Colonial Setting.”
- Fisher, Robin. “Contact and Trade, 1774–1849.”
- Harris, Cole. “Industry and the Good Life around Idaho Peak.”
- Harris, Cole. “Strategies of Power in the Cordilleran Fur Trade.” Reading Notes History reference materials
- Johnston, Hugh. “Faith and Politics among Sikh Pioneers in Canada.”
- Loo, Tina. “The Road from Bute Inlet: Crime and Colonial Identity in British Columbia.”
- Thompson, Duane, and Marianne Ignace. “‘They Made Themselves Our Guests’: Power Relationships In the Interior Plateau Region of the Cordillera in the Fur Trade Era.”
- Wickwire, Wendy. “To See Ourselves As the Other’s Other: Nlaka’pamux Contact Narratives.”
- Yee, Paul. “Business Devices from Two Worlds: The Chinese in Early Vancouver.”
- Use the APA style format below
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
For Reading Notes History Assignment help please click here