Management Project: In Project One, you will create a personal and professional development plan. Submit your plan for Project One here. Make sure you’ve included all the required elements by reviewing the Project One: Development Plan Guidelines and Rubric in the Assignment Information section.
In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
Create personal and professional developmental goals that support your growth as an effective individual and team contributor
Large Technology Corporation (LTC) recently acquired the company Small Technology Company (STC), because STC created software that would help LTC streamline its technology and allow LTC to move more rapidly in its manufacturing process. You are employed at Large Technology Company (LTC) and have been on the same team, in the same position, for three years. You currently work on a team of four members. But, with the acquisition, your team is expected to expand to 10 members.
While you enjoy your current job duties, you are looking to take on more responsibility and further challenge yourself to promote your professional growth. With the new changes in the team, you reached out to your manager about your desire to grow as a professional, but you are not yet clear about the direction you want to take. She recommended you create a professional and personal development plan.
Personal and Professional Development Plan
Develop a personal and professional development plan based on a reflection of your values, skills, knowledge, and aspirations. Your plan must be 750 to 1,250 words in length and must cite any references using APA format.
Specifically, you must address the following:
- Personal Reflection: The first step in personal and professional development is reflection. To begin this process, reflect on your personal values and development. Think of these elements as separate from a job title and instead as a guiding framework that keeps you excited about your career. In your reflection, be sure to address the following:
- Describe your value system, explaining how your value system drives your decision making and behavior.
- Describe your personal development over the past five to ten years, detailing specific achievements or growth. As you reflect on your personal development, you might consider how you have developed specific characteristics or skills such as the ability to work productively with confrontation, or you might consider how you have expanded your knowledge base in a particular area.
- Professional Reflection: Now, reflect on your professional development and aspirations. To begin, find a job description for a job you would like to obtain in three to five years. If you need assistance finding a career search engine, you could refer to the SNHU Career website. Once you have identified a job you would like to pursue in the future, reflect on your personal and professional abilities in relation to the specific job description, highlighting both where you meet the job requirements as well as areas for improvement. In your reflection, be sure to address the following:
- Briefly describe the specific job you would like to pursue in the future, and explain your general interest in the position.
- Describe the role you usually take on a team and how this behavior relates to this specific job description.
- Describe which characteristics of an effective team contributor you possess, as well as opportunities to improve your skills. Be sure to explain how these characteristics relate to the specific job description. Note that you may not necessarily be weak in specific areas, but there is always room for improvement as you look to grow.
- Developmental Goals: Next, develop personal and professional SMART goals to promote your growth as an effective individual and team contributor. As you develop your goals, be sure to address the following:
- Create a personal development SMART goal that supports your growth as an individual. As you develop your goal, consider your personal ambitions and what gives you a sense of fulfillment and meaning.
- Create a professional development SMART goal that supports your growth as an effective team contributor. Be sure to explain how this goal will support positive team dynamics and productivity. As you develop your goal, consider the areas you identified in your reflection as opportunities for growth.
- Explain how your personal and professional goals complement each other and align with the job description tasks and qualifications.
- Development Opportunities: Now that you have created your personal and professional goals, it is important to determine specific development opportunities to help you achieve these goals. Be sure to determine both the immediate and long-term development opportunities you will pursue to support the attainment of your personal and professional goals.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Personal and Professional Development Plan
Develop personal and professional development goals based on a reflection of your values, skills, knowledge, and aspirations. Your plan must be 750 to 1,250 words in length and must cite any references using APA format.
The following resource may help support your work on the project:
Website: SNHU Career
You can use this website to search for jobs and job descriptions you might want to have in the future.
For Personal and Profession development plan project help please click here